Now that the staff for every remaining DP episode has been revealed, I thought I'd do another one of these while the rumor mill is still buzzing with writer speculation over on 2ch. You can see my first entry here
- Nothing much has changed here. 2ch seems more and more convinced he's leaving, while I was starting to be convinced he was staying due to the writing staff (except Junki) coming together at the end of DP to stay consistent. Should be interesting to see what really happens with him.
He has written 35 AG episodes and a whopping 62 DP episodes.Stay or Go?
- Still has the highest chance of leaving. He has so many shows on his plate and has written so many episodes, that some on 2ch think he may be burned out on the show. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.Junki Takegami
- Feel the same as before. I was also correct that he got one more episode in DP.
He has written 23 AG episodes and 24 DP episodes.Stay or Go?
- Probably stay and write a reduced number of episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his final series.Yukiyoshi Oohashi
- In an interesting turn of events, 2ch seems to think he'll be the one doing the series construction for BW. He was originally the one I thought would replace Tomioka due to his tenure, so it'll be interesting to see if this is true.
He has written 27 AG episodes and 26 DP episodes.Stay or Go?
- Stay. But like Junki, it wouldn't surprise me if this was his final series due to his age.Shoji Yonemura
- I finally like this guy! He really seems to have come around as of late and I wouldn't mind him sticking around.
He has written 25 AG episodes and 28 DP episodes.Stay or Go?
- Most likely stay.Shinzo Fujita
- I said before that his reaming episodes would tell us what's going on with him. He wrote only two more episodes after my original blog. They were the second episode of the GF (which I knew about at the time) and the first episode of the league. Clearly, they're both important episodes, but it doesn't really tell me anything since it just feels like Tomioka is evenly dividing up the remaining DP episode that he didn't write with the other writers.
He has written 25 AG episodes and 25 DP episodes.Stay or Go?
- Stay.Masashi Sogo
- The disconnect I talked about last time is now gone. As I said earlier, aside from Junki, all the writers now seem to be on the same page for the remainder of DP. He's still writing important episodes such as the Darkrai/League finale.
He has written 28 AG episodes and 14 DP episodes.Stay or Go?
- Most likely stay.
I'm not sure I want new writers anymore. The end of DP has been so great that I don't want anyone to come in and "mess it up". However, BW is clearly going in a different direction than DP, and we really don't need a DP 2.0. So new writers really would be best, especially since Junki and Oohashi are starting to get up there in terms of age, and we can't be sure Tomioka will stick around as even a regular writer.